Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

The Drone Talk Hub - The Ultimate Drone Community Hub

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (?) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

random thought — do you guys tell people IRL that you fly drones

  • Members
  • Solution

so this came up at work today, someone asked what i do on weekends and i kind of just said "oh outdoor stuff" because every time i mention drones people either think im a creep spying on neighbors or they want me to film their wedding for free lol. its exhausting explaining it

anyone else kind of keep it lowkey or do you actually talk about it openly

  • Replies 1
  • Views 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Helpful Posts

  • quad_pilot
    quad_pilot

    honestly i stopped mentioning it unless someone specifically asks. the spy thing gets old real fast. one coworker literally said "oh so you're watching everyone" and i just... didn't feel like having

  • aerial_phoenix
    aerial_phoenix

    I actually talk about it pretty openly, mostly because I do aerial photography and it helps explain why I'm always disappearing on weekends with a backpack full of gear. But yeah the wedding filming t

Solved by mavic_pilot_2k

Featured Replies

  • Members

honestly i stopped mentioning it unless someone specifically asks. the spy thing gets old real fast. one coworker literally said "oh so you're watching everyone" and i just... didn't feel like having that conversation for the hundredth time

  • Members

I actually talk about it pretty openly, mostly because I do aerial photography and it helps explain why I'm always disappearing on weekends with a backpack full of gear. But yeah the wedding filming thing is SO real. My cousin asked me three times last year. I keep saying I'm not that kind of photographer but it doesn't stick

  • Guest pinned, locked, unlocked and unpinned this topic

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions ? Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.